21/09/2022 - 05/10/2022
Arts & Communications Manager
Contract - £20,800 - £22,672 (DOE)
The Arts and Communications Assistant is a new role at Jupiter Artland, ideally suited to a recent art school graduate, someone who already has experience working in arts, or a candidate looking to start a career in a fast-paced visual arts organisation. The initial contract term is 6-months, starting as soon as available, with the possibility to extend.
The role is based at Jupiter Artland and will also assist in exhibition installations and preparation for Jupiter Rising Festival. A driving license is desirable, or ability to easily travel to Jupiter. Jupiter Artland is an Equal Opportunities employer; we encourage applications from all backgrounds.
Digital Communication and Marketing:
• To support Arts and Communications Manager in all aspects of Jupiter’s communications.
• Updating content on website and ensuring excellent presentation of media online.
• Sending e-newsletters (Mailchimp) and keeping mailing lists up to date (excel file).
• Updating exhibitions/events listings. Take pride in Jupiter Artland’s programme being visible to the widest possible audience.
• To market Learning Programme, assisting with management of website booking system.
• To look after Image Bank, captioning and saving film and photographic assets.
• To prepare signage.
• To support visits from photographer and filmmakers related to exhibitions.
• To support with delivery of Press Views, Private Views and special events at Jupiter Artland.
• To support the Arts Team during exhibition installation, as required, and collection maintenance.
• To support the Arts Team in the lead-up and during Jupiter Rising Festival. This will involve artist-liaison, collating artist information, images and copy and uploading to Jupiter Rising website.
• To be well-organised and keep track of correspondence with multiple artists involved in the above programmes.
• To assist with day-to-day administration as part of the Arts, Learning and Comms team.
• Hands-on, problem solver.
• Willingness to learn and be an active member of the Jupiter Artland team.
• Excellent eye for detail working with images and with texts.
• Experience of web editing (desirable)
• Experience of Illustrator, Indesign or Photoshop (desirable)
• Driving license (desirable)
Please send a CV and cover letter outlining your relevant experience and interest in the position to email@example.com – Deadline Wednesday 5 October 2022 at 5pm.
Salary dependent on experience: £18,000 – £20,000
Full Time: Mon-Fri 9-5:30