Head of Finance
Contract - £
Jupiter Artland is looking for an organised and dynamic bookkeeper.
Jupiter Artland is a unique, award winning sculpture garden 12 miles outside Edinburgh, which houses the private art collection of Robert and Nicky Wilson. Jupiter Artland is a registered charity, committed to nurturing the work of outstanding contemporary artists through a series of exhibitions and permanent site specific commissions.
Jupiter Artland opened to the public in May 2009 and in the same year received the prestigious Glenfiddich ‘Spirit of Scotland’ Art Award. Jupiter has commissioned more than 30 site-specific permanent works by top-class international artists, including major pieces by leading contemporary sculptors. At the centre of the visitor experience is The Steadings where our ticket office, shop, gallery, café and toilets are located.
Main duties and Responsibilities
• Recording and reconciliation of income by type and category
• Bank Reconciliations
• Preparation of year end information for auditors
• Purchase ledger invoices and payment processing
• Petty cash and expenses
• Banking takings
• General administration including filing
• Payroll & NEST pension administration
• Previous Bookkeeping experience
• Advanced Excel Skills
• Xero accounting software or similar
• Good communication and organisational skills
• An ability to be diplomatic and discreet where necessary is crucial
• Able to prioritise and deal efficiently and effectively with work load
• Proactive and able to work on own initiative
• Good knowledge of using MS Outlook, Word and Excel
• Excellent attention to detail
• Driving licence would be useful given location of offices
The successful candidate will have the personality and ability to deal with people at all levels and will demonstrate their ability to work within the team and maintain confidentiality. Additionally, they must demonstrate the ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
To apply please send covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or for further information please contact Rob Conner, Head of Finance on 07818 080980 or by email. Applications close 5pm 26th April 2021.