24/03/2021 - 08/04/2021
Keeper of the Landscape
Jupiter Artland is looking for a Gardener/Groundskeeper. Reporting to the Head Groundsman, Keeper of the Landscape, Nicky and Robert Wilson
– Assist with the development and maintenance of Jupiter Artland and Bonnington House gardens
– Maintain the grounds to the highest possible standard and liaise Head Groundsman about improvements
– Alert the Head Groundsman or other line managers to emergencies in the grounds including the public
– Manage and train permanent and temporary staff, contractors and volunteers as required
– Assist artists and contractors as required
– Assist with events and functions in Jupiter Artland and off site as required
– Assist with the maintenance of artwork as instructed
– Waste management including recycling, general waste, composting
– Basic DIY in the grounds, buildings
– Assist with animal husbandry
– Be responsible for the tidiness and cleanliness in the communal areas of the yard and compound
Health and Safety at Jupiter Artland
– Awareness of health and safety issues regarding machinery, tools, hazardous substances and communication with the public
Employees are responsible to work with their employers to ensure a working environment which is safe and without risks to health, safety and welfare of employees and others who might be affected in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act, associated regulations and the Corporate Health and Safety Policy.
This Job description summarises the major responsibilities of the position. It is not intended to exclude other activities, nor future changes from the postholders responsibilities.
Weekend work, work at weekends, evenings or late at night will be required from time to time.
Please send a CV and cover letter outlining your relevant experience and interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org – Deadline Thursday 8 April at 5pm. Salary dependent on experience and available on request.