Jupiter Artland are looking for exhibition assistants to invigilate the permanent outdoor artwork and indoor gallery exhibitions, providing excellent service to all visitors.
Hours: April – October
Working hours will be 25 hours per week and Exhibition Assistants may be offered work on any day of the week. The candidate must be available throughout various dates during our open season in May – October when we are open 7 days a week.
As this is a Kickstart role, current eligibility criteria for Kickstart applicants are:
• Aged 16-24
• Claiming Universal Credit
• In receipt of no other earned income
Applicants should send their CV along with a covering letter to Emily Harris via
• Providing visitors with information about the permanent collection & gallery exhibitions and all aspects of Jupiter Artland.
• Invigilating all outdoor Artwork to ensure that the security of the artworks are not compromised.
• Providing excellent and pro-active customer service.
• Adhering to health and safety regulations both in the exhibition, being aware of disability and access requirements, and assisting the public in evacuation situations.
• Informing the Front of House staff immediately in the event of damage to any artwork, any health and safety/ security issues that may occur.
The Exhibition Assistant role is physically demanding in its nature. As well as standing for long periods of time outdoors/indoors. Please make your line manager aware of any challenges which the physical nature of this job may present to you. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments for access and equality.
• Experience of working with the public
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• Interest in, and knowledge of, contemporary visual arts
• Awareness of access issues and disability awareness
• Experience of reception, retail or other customer service roles
• Awareness of Health & Safety issues