During our open season, we are seeking volunteers to work with our Exhibitions and Front of House team looking after our summer arts exhibitions, our permanent outdoor collection and act as a friendly and informative point of contact for the visiting public.
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain early experience in the day to day running of a unique arts organisation. This opportunity will allow you to have a lot of fun, spend lots of time outdoors, gain experience and meet others with a shared interest.
As a Voluntary Art Guardian your role will include the following:
- Welcoming the visitors to Jupiter Artland making contact with them to greet them. Answering questions about our permanent collection & gallery exhibitions. Responding to any general enquires in keeping with Jupiter’s high customer service expectation. Invigilating and being guardians of gallery exhibitions and outdoor Artland areas ensuring visitors are aware of the Jupiter Artland dos and don’ts.
- Promoting and applying Jupiter Artland’s policies on health and safety, security, equality & diversity, etc.
Informing Senior Management in the event of damage to any artwork or if any health and safety or security issues arise.
There may be opportunities to assist with setting up special events such as opening parties, artist talks, performances and even gain experience in artwork installation!
What we give to you:
- Training; Curator-led tours and Jupiter’s customer service training.
- Free lunch.
- Uniform (t-shirt).
- Travel expenses.
- 10% discount to Jupiter shop.
- References, advice and networking opportunities.
- Invites to private views, events and openings.
- Practical experience within a gallery setting.
- Allow you to become more confident in communicating ideas about art.
What we need from you:
- Excellent communication and customer service skills, ability to respond to general enquiries.
- Interest in and/or knowledge of contemporary arts.
- High levels of presentation and professionalism.
- Attention to detail.
- Awareness of Health & Safety issues.