This is a brilliant opportunity to join Jupiter Artland’s learning and community engagement team, to gain insight into the running of the Learning Programme and experience working with children and young people.
Jupiter Artland Foundation runs free learning tours and workshops for nurseries, schools, colleges, universities and community groups between February and November. This activity is subsidised by a programme of paid-for workshops, classes and events for ages 3 and above which run all year round. When we are open to the public, we also run children’s parties and drop in family activities in the Jupiter ArtHut.
We are currently recruiting volunteers for our schools programme which runs on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, and our Littlesparks classes that run on Mondays and Fridays.
As a Voluntary Learning Assistant there will be opportunities to do a range of the following:
- Assist with preschool term time classes.
- Assist with holiday and termly arts workshops for children aged 3-12.
- Lead or assist with drop in activities in the Jupiter ArtHut during the open season.
- Maintain the classroom and woodland garden area.
Training will be offered about each of the artworks, the background and ethos of Jupiter Artland, working with children and young people and our different workshop activities.
What we give to you:
- PVG if required.
- Uniform (t-shirt).
- Travel expenses.
- References, advice and networking opportunities.
- Invites to private views, events and openings.
For you to get the most out of your experience and gain valuable insight into the learning programme we would ask for a minimum of a 5-day commitment – usually by volunteering on a day per week for 4-6 weeks.