Jupiter Artland is open Wednesday – Sunday until 1st October 2023.
Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable.
We only allow dogs at Jupiter through our Dog Membership scheme. If you have a Jupiter Artland Dog Membership, you can select the Dog Member ticket to bring your furry friend along.
Don’t have a Dog Membership? You can find out more here.
Travelling car free? Learn about our Good Journey offer here.
Not a member yet? Sign up here become a Friend of Jupiter Artland here
Sign up to our mailing list to keep up to date.
- Opening hours are 10am until 5pm Wednesday – Sunday within our open season (last entry at 4pm).
- Bookings are non-refundable or non-transferable.
- Members can bring their dog to Jupiter Artland, providing the dog also has a valid Dog Membership. Our Dog Membership scheme allows us to welcome dogs safely. You must be a Friend of Jupiter Artland to apply for Dog Membership. We cannot admit dogs into the Artland without a valid membership.
- Our Cafe is open from 10am until 4pm everyday within our open season.
- Picnics are not allowed at Jupiter Artland.
Travelling to Jupiter is easy and we’re only 25 minutes from the centre of Edinburgh.
Bonnington House Steadings
There is only one entrance to Jupiter and that is via the B7015. Please arrive at the main gates signposted Jupiter Artland. You’ll recognise them: they’re studded with knots of silver nails.
If you use the what3words app you can find the exact location of our entrance at ///grove.introduce.tutored
TRAVELLING BY CAR
Look out for brown tourist signs to Jupiter Artland along the A71, turning off onto the B7015 with the entrance to Jupiter Artland shortly on the right. Please note, there is NO ACCESS through Bonnington Village (as some SAT NAVs may want to take you).
TRAVELLING BY BUS
Number x27 Lothian Country bus service runs between Edinburgh and Bathgate. Closest stop Coxydene/ Jupiter Artland. For more information about this service, visit the Lothian Country Bus website here.
First Bus operates a number x23 service between Edinburgh and Livingston. Closest stop Coxydene/ Jupiter Artland. Visit the First bus website for more information here.
TRAVELLING BY BIKE
Jupiter Artland is close to the Sustrans Route 75. Follow the route until the B7015 at East Calder. Head east along that road for 1.5 miles – the Jupiter Artland entrance will be on the left.
There is a bike rack located in the disabled car park.
TRAVELLING BY TRAIN
The nearest railway station to Jupiter Artland is Kirknewton, which is around a 30 minute walk away. Please see more information on the Trainline website, here.
Read the Edinburgh Travel Guide for travel inspiration.
Have a look at Good Journey to see how to get to Jupiter car free!
Facilities and Access
- Jupiter Artland offers discounted entry for disabled visitors and blue badge holders, plus free entry for one carer. You can book your tickets here.
- We offer free parking facilities. We have a main and overflow car park situated 300 metres from the main Steadings area, and a short drive in from the main entrance gates.
- We have a dedicated disabled car park situated 100 metres from the Steadings area.
- Entry for dogs is strictly limited to guide, service, hearing and member dogs. Do let the ticket office know if you require a water bowl for your dog.
- Some of the terrain can be unsuitable for wheelchair and mobility scooter users, especially after poor weather. Please read our full accessibility information below for guidance.
- Our disabled and unisex toilets can be found in our Steadings area at the centre of the estate.
- Baby Changing facilities can be found in the Steadings area at the centre of the estate.
- There is WiFi signal in the Steadings area and Café Party.
It is a short drive or approximately a 15 minute walk from the main gates to the Steadings Area, where our shop, gallery, café and toilets are located.
The path to the Steadings area is cobbled with a gravel section, there is a paved accessible ramp on the left of this path. This area is approximately 100 metres from our disabled car park and 300 metres from our main car park.
Jupiter Artland is a 100-acre site and it takes approximately 2 hours to walk around the entire collection. Our site is a natural woodland area, which can be uneven under foot. There are paths leading around the entire site, which are suitable for most outdoor wheelchair users. However as they are not tarmac paths they can be susceptible to extreme weather conditions.
Due to the positioning of the artworks, some paths don’t go right up to each artwork but provide a view of each piece (with some exceptions). We suggest sensible footwear is worn in all conditions as some visitors may find some areas difficult to access.
The café and Steadings galleries are both fully wheelchair accessible via a ramp. There is step-free access to the Ballroom Garden via the terrace in the Steadings area and wheelchair access to the Ballroom Gallery via a ramp.
Free touch tours and access for blind and visually impaired groups can be organised through the learning team. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you require further assistance or have any questions please email email@example.com or call 01506 889900.
Protect Jupiter Artland
Help #PROTECTJUPITERARTLAND from the least sustainable development in Edinburgh
Today we stand threatened by a proposal to Edinburgh City Council which effectively surrounds Jupiter with an additional 2,000 homes destroying irrevocably the landscape setting of our open-air museum. The greenfield site, called the Calderwood Extension, is the least sustainable option for housing on the table and we must demonstrate our objection to the City of Edinburgh Council right now to protect our most valuable asset –The Generous Landscape.
Friends of Jupiter Artland
At Jupiter, we recognise the power of art and nature to revive our spirits and nourish our minds and bodies and we look forward to welcoming you back. This year, our Friends of Jupiter Artland can also apply for membership for their dogs, allowing their furry friends access to Jupiter Artland seven days a week. In order to find out more about Dog Membership and how to enjoy Friends of Jupiter Artland benefits all year-round, please follow this link.